August – the longest month of the year – is over. Finally! I have a lot I’m anticipating on September, so I felt like the month dragged even more. But September is almost here and I feel like celebrating already! But first, let’s wrap up August.
I will not be including mini reviews for the books I read, since I plan on sharing more about it on my Sunday’s post, as a wrap up for the N.E.W.Ts readathon in general. But I can already tell you it was a good reading month!
- School is back. So far, the month has been okay, but I’m definitely not looking forward to the upcoming increase of responsibility. I think it’s important to keep a positive mindset towards school and college (and this series by Annie definitely called me out on that and reminded me how education is a privilege I should be thankful for), but I just wish I could be a kid forever sometimes. These are thoughts I keep to myself, though, because most of my friends are struggling to get into college and pass their entrance exams, so I feel ungrateful to share sometimes. Plus, I don’t feel close enough to my college friends to talk to them about it, so it’s a bit of a lonely feeling. I’m just trying to take one day at a time and hope I survive this next semester.
- Lover, by Taylor Swift is finally out. This was the only thing keeping me together this August, for real. I didn’t really follow the release of reputation last year, but I’m glad I was here for Lover! This new album is amazing and I don’t know why I’m impressed, since Taylor has never once disappointed me with her albums. Even though I do not love the singles, the rest of the tracks are brilliant. Paper Rings & False God are my favorites, but this entire album is so smart and will make you feel everything!
- I completed my Goodreads goal! I don’t know how impressive that is, because my Goodreads goal was for 40 books, but that was a big number for me at the beginning of the year, especially considering I only read 18 books during 2018. I am really happy to have completed it, as it’s probably the first year ever that I completed my goal without lowering it halfway through the year. I still plan on reading at the same pace by the end of the year, but I will not try to accomplish any higher goal, as I’m completely satisfied with what I’ve done so far.
ON THE BLOG
- A TRIP TO MY HOMECOUNTRY: The Best Cities I’ve Visited in Brazil
- TOP 5: Characters Who Are Too Good for This World, Too Pure
- The Versatile Blogger Award
- To All My Favorite Bloggers,
- BOOK REVIEW: I’ll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson
One of my favorite KPOP groups is EXO and one of their members released a solo this month and I’m obsessed with all the songs. Having watched Stranger Things this July, I also added a few songs from the soundtrack. I kinda wanted to add more, but I also didn’t want it to be an overwhelming Stranger Things playlist. But, dang, that soundtrack is amazing!
There are a lot of exciting things happening this September. First, the release of Wayward Son, my most anticipated release of the year. I re-read Carry On this past month and I’m SO READY to be back with these characters. I’ve already preordered my copy and spent more money than I should. Season 2 of Elite is also coming out a week from now! It is my favorite Original Netflix and this next season looks amazing. Later this month, I’ll also be attending the concert of one of my favorite K-POP groups: PENTAGON and I’m super excited!
What are you most looking forward to in September? And what did you like the most about August? If you’ve listened to Lover, what’s your favorite track/lyric? Let me know in the comments!