I’m pretty bad at introducing myself, but I’ll try my best for the sake of this blog.
My name is Lais (pronounced as lah.ees) and I’m a twenty year old blogger from Brazil. My first language is not English, so I apologize for any mistakes – we’re all trying our bests out here. Now, obviously, you may be wondering why did I decide to blog in English then. To be honest, I express myself in English better than in Portuguese at this point. I’ve also only followed English book blogs, and wanted to be a part of this specific community.
I’ve been reading for as long as I can remember, and have always wanted to share more about my love for books. For a while there, I thought about joining Booktube, and I still have a soft spot for that community as well. But sharing my face on the Internet is not something I’d ever be comfortable with, so slowly I started following blogs and figuring out a place of my own. ✨
In this blog, you’re most likely to find reviews & discussions of YA books – mostly contemporary – and manga/graphic novels.
And because I’m sure you’re dying to know (I know you aren’t): I’m a Slytherclaw INFJ.
- Percy Jackson & The Olympians was the first series I binge read and still is, to this day, my favorite book series. Percy is also the one who holds the #1 spot in my favorite characters list.
- Aristotle & Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe and all of Benjamin Alire Saenz’s work.
- Sad characters & queer books.
- Bromances and male characters in general.
- Boybands. Recently I’ve been really into K-POP boygroups (EXO is my fav, btw), but my taste ranges from Beatles to One Direction.
- Binge-watching movies, especially if they’re sweet & cliche rom-coms.
- Taylor Swift, my all time favorite artist.
- Spending wayyyyy too much time on YouTube and following mostly family vlog channels.
- The 60s.
- Never leaving the house. Ever. My bedroom is my safe place and I don’t know anywhere else.
- Taking Buzzfeed tests.
- Creating characters and plots about stories I’m never going to write.