I’m pretty bad at introducing myself, but I’ll try my best for the sake of this blog.
My name is Lais (pronounced as lah.ees) and I’m an eighteen year old blogger from Brazil. My first language is not English, so I apologize for any mistakes – we’re all trying our bests out here. Now, obviously, you may be wondering why did I decide to blog in English then. To be honest, I express myself in English better than in Portuguese at this point. I’ve also only followed English book blogs, and wanted to be a part of this specific community.
I’ve been reading for as long as I can remember, and have always wanted to share more about my love for books. For a while there, I thought about joining Booktube, and I still have a soft spot for that community as well. But sharing my face on the Internet is not something I’d ever be comfortable with, so slowly I started following blogs and figuring out a place of my own. ✨
In this blog, you’re most likely to find reviews & discussions of YA books – mostly contemporary – and manga/graphic novels.
And because I’m sure you’re dying to know (I know you aren’t): I’m a Slytherclaw INFJ.
- Percy Jackson & The Olympians was the first series I binge read and still is, to this day, my favorite book series. Percy is also the one who holds the #1 spot in my favorite characters list.
- Aristotle & Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe and all of Benjamin Alire Saenz’s work.
- Sad characters & queer books.
- Bromances and male characters in general.
- Boybands. Recently I’ve been really into K-POP boygroups (EXO is my fav, btw), but my taste ranges from Beatles to One Direction.
- Binge-watching movies, especially if they’re sweet & cliche rom-coms.
- Taylor Swift, my all time favorite artist.
- Spending wayyyyy too much time on YouTube and following mostly family vlog channels.
- The 60s.
- Never leaving the house. Ever. My bedroom is my safe place and I don’t know anywhere else.
- Taking Buzzfeed tests.
- Creating characters and plots about stories I’m never going to write.
Oh, yes, and by the way, all the pictures I use in my blog are my own, except for the ones listed in my Disclaimmers page.